The Truth Behind Why Sex is Better AFTER Marriage
I know everyone likes to joke around and claim that sex gets worse/stops after you get married. Well like my dear friend says, “It can’t stop if it never started!” Sex is better after you’re married. I couldn’t have possibly imagined the blessings that came from waiting for our wedding night to make LOVE. Hey I promised I would be honest with you! The major reason is the lack of worry. There were NO worries for me; I’m with my husband where it’s safe! Here are the worries that were far from my mind:
1) What if I got pregnant?– If we got pregnant, sweet! Enough said.
2) What if someone catches us?– No parents, friends, whoever barging into our room. I didn’t have to listen for cars, doors opening, floors creaking, that door was locked. They knew where we were!
3) What if he tells someone?– My husband isn’t going to go around telling his boys details about our love life. I am his bride and his job is to protect. Believe me, he doesn’t want those images twirling around in his friends’ imaginations.
4) Will he call me tomorrow?– I’m already in his tomorrow and forever. Of course he’ll call me and I don’t have to worry about whether or not I should call him. Unfortunately, this is where we’ve come in society where girls have to worry about whether or not they should call the guy they just gave a piece of themselves to.
5) Will we ever get married?– We are married! Check!
6) What will people think?– It’s expected for a married couple to make love after they get marred. It’s the ultimate wedding gift!! I walked into the hotel with my wedding dress on and my husband was still in his tuxedo and the looks on the staff’s faces showed nothing but joy and respect.
Here are some other things you may not know and why sex is that much better AFTER marriage:
1) Practice makes perfect– The thing with sex, for those who are not experienced, is that it takes more than one time in order for it to be enjoyable. If your thought process is, “I’ll do it just this one time”, then don’t do it at all! You won’t enjoy it and you’ll feel terrible after. Double whammy to your spirit!
2) I get to stay in his arms– That’s right! I can fall asleep with my husband and not have to worry about going home. I don’t have to calculate how long before I overstay my welcome (sadly some girls have to experience this or flat out being kicked out).
3) Embarrassing things can happen in the bedroom– Yes, it’s true. When it happens you want to know that your husband has your back, laugh it off, and move on.
I know Hollywood and MTV want to make sex seem so carefree and beautiful. It can be under the protection of the covenant which is marriage. However, outside of marriage it is very destructive and it won’t end up being the typical love scene from (Enter Movie Name Here) you may be expecting. There are repercussions that take away the joy you are supposed to get from making love. The most important thing to remember is that God created it. Cover it and protect it through MARRIAGE. Baskets of blessings!
Jesus, family, ministry, and lots of coffee! My heart comes from being a young teen girl who didn’t know much and found Jesus in a dark time. My ministry focuses on the heart of God for this generation to make Godly decisions especially in the area of purity. A blog for all ages because God’s Word is eternal and has no age limit!