Be My Valentine: 14 Ways to Show Your Love WITHOUT Sex
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Beyond the chocolates and roses, this is time where many plan their attack…I mean…plan to suggest, manipulate, persuade, influence, call it what you like, you to “show” them just how much you love them through SEX and sexual acts. Well, guess what? There are other ways to show your love without the need for sexually explicit acts. Here are at least fourteen ways to show your love without having to compromise your morals. Feel free to print this out and share it with your significant other. They can hate me..I mean..thank me later (wink..wink..lolol).
1) Write a love letter– A good old-fashioned love letter declaring your love that will last way past your cell phone’s text history.
2) Create a scrap book– Start a scrap book with pictures, movie stubs, letters, from your experiences as a couple and leave some blank pages so you can add on later.
3) Do a photo shoot together– You can either go to one of the mall photography studios or ask someone you know who is a photographer. Have fun and keep it clean!
4) Create a time capsule– Buy a box or use an old one and put things important to you about your relationship, pictures, or news at the time. Bury and dig it up later at the time of your choice, maybe even years later.
5) “14” questions– Write down 14 questions about the qualities you want your future mate and then share it with each other. Whether you have the quality or not, it’s good to know what’s important to them.
6) Love advice– Interview several older couples that have been happily married for more than 10 years. Ask for advice about love, how they met, and what keeps them going.
“Where no wise guidance is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety” (Prov. 11:14).
7) Make a card– Instead of buying a card from the store, go ahead and make one yourself. It’s not only one of a kind but it will get your creative juices flowing.
8) Write your goals– As a couple, sit down and write everything you want to accomplish together either for the next month, year, next five years. This is important because it puts you on the same page and you have something to look forward to, like sex AFTER marriage.
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds” (Heb. 10:24).
9) Help each other– Commit to help each other with something. It could anything from math to cooking. Help better each other!
“As iron sharpens iron,?so one person sharpens another” (Prov. 27:17).
10) Make a list– Write down all the things you love about that person. Leave body parts out of the list..lollol! Focus on their character.
“Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God” (Rom. 15:7).
11) Purity or promise rings– Commit your purity to each other and utilize the rings to help remind yourselves of your ultimate goal.
12) Sign a Purity Contract– Print out this Purity Contract or you can create your own and put it on your wall or somewhere you can see it as a reminder that someone is out there waiting for you as you are waiting for them.
13) Make something together– Buy a pair of sneakers or T-shirt, some art supplies, and create, create, create. Whenever either of you wear it, the memories will begin to flow.
14) Send each other scriptures– Text each other scriptures, Christian based daily encouragement, faith based songs, and keep each other rooted in God. No better way to show love than to bring the other closer to their Maker.
“But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin” (Heb. 3:13).
Phew! There you have it. When you are out of ideas and bored, it can be the recipe for disaster especially when it comes to sexual purity. Unfortunately, people tend to mistake sex for love. Love is very different. One of the main elements is sacrifice and if this means waiting for sex in order to protect the other, so be it. There are many other ways to show your love and now you have a few.
Baskets of Blessings!
Jesus, family, ministry, and lots of coffee! My heart comes from being a young teen girl who didn’t know much and found Jesus in a dark time. My ministry focuses on the heart of God for this generation to make Godly decisions especially in the area of purity. A blog for all ages because God’s Word is eternal and has no age limit!