7 People You Should Have Around To Help Keep You Sexually Pure
It is SO important to have the right people around you in this journey of sexual purity. They can literally be the life and death of your dreams. You want people who are going to uplift you, encourage you, offer advice, and keep you accountable for your actions. The Word of God says, “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken” (Eccl. 4:12). Your future spouse is counting on you! Here are some people you NEED to have in your life:
1) Personal Accountability Partner– There are going to be several people that will help keep you accountable but this person is someone you will be giving more detailed information to. Be careful in picking out your accountability partner. There are a few things to look for. For example, this person should be someone you trust, someone who is at a deeper level spiritually, someone who will call you out in a loving way, and has bible knowledge. You are going to want someone who can encourage and leave you with scripture which is one of your weapons.
2) Someone You Look Up To– This person is someone who is a leader and a positive role model. They are where you would like to be one day. Find someone who is single and someone else who has a healthy marriage. They will help inspire you to be a better you.
3) Someone Who Looks Up To You (preferable someone younger)– This helps keep you accountable because you know little eyes are watching and may follow in your footsteps, like a little brother/sister. You are going to want to leave a positive trail for them to follow.
4) Pastor– It always helps to have a relationship with your Pastor. This is important because you want someone who is part of your church family and can help you through the trials of this life. If this person knows you now, they will be a greater help when you are married and have kids of your own.
5) Family Member– This can be anyone in your family. It helps to have someone along the same bloodline be a significant part of your life. They can help you learn your culture, pass along family stories, and give you a deeper understanding of your family as a whole. They can offer insight into mistakes that have been made and how they can be avoided.
6) Church Family– One of the main reasons for church is for fellowship. This people can pray for you, give you advice, teach you something new, and it helps to know that there are eyes everywhere watching out for you. This will keep you accountable knowing there is no where to hide (in a good way..lollol).
7) God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)– Last but definitely NOT least, have God a part of your plans. He will help you to reveal things you may never see on your own. He will guide and direct you. In the bible it says, “I can do all this through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13). BELIEVE ME you are going to need this strength for this fight. It’s definitely worth it!
Baskets of Blessings!
Jesus, family, ministry, and lots of coffee! My heart comes from being a young teen girl who didn’t know much and found Jesus in a dark time. My ministry focuses on the heart of God for this generation to make Godly decisions especially in the area of purity. A blog for all ages because God’s Word is eternal and has no age limit!